Monday, August 25, 2008

Year supply of deer meat???

We took JC's deer and ground it up into hamburger. We went to WalMart and bought a meat grinder (which I highly recommend) and ground most of the meat up. I think we will eat more of it if it is ground into hamburger and maybe we could do half-and-half. Anyways, the kids absolutely loved doing it and that's what matters most, right?


meat grinder

ground deer meat


Madison holding up the 'prize'

Gavin too worried about saying 'cheese' to hold up the meat!

5 comments:

J-ME said...

So how much meat did you get out of that deer? I ain't gonna lie; it looks pretty gross :) Your kids are so flippin cute tho :)

Thanks for the comments. That's crazy about Madison's hair! Just to think about it it doesn't really make sense but I've heard that from so many people it must be true!

Kamberlie (I didn't know her) she was the daughter of my friends- brother in law's- boss. About a month ago she drowned in their spa. Her mom set up this memorial blog that I read now and then.

http://www.kamberlarsen.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

This is absolutely SO disgusting. LOl, i love meat, but i am a freak when it comes to seeing it raw, let alone eating something that i know my husband just killed. ive always been like that tho. Im just weird, BUT it would be nice not to have to buy meant for awhile.

GO JC!!

Adam & Rachel said...

adam is so jelous!

Alicia said...

Oh man that stuff comes in handy! We bought half of a cow from my Dad this year, and our freezer is packed full. It's so nice!

I set my blog to private. Would you mind sending me your e mail and I'll send you an invite?

ladydeets0404@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Rob and Mitzi said...

You are one awesome wife! I think that wins you a spot in the Celestial Kindgdom for sure! If Rob brought home a deer I'd probably make him give it to a friend. One time he brought back some fish from the ocean and I made him throw it away. I bet your kids do love it though!