Wednesday, June 3, 2009

6 days...

Stetson is HERE! YEAH. He was born on 5/28. He weighed 8 lbs 1 oz and 20.5 inches.

My actual delivery was GREAT. I got an epidural and it WORKED!!! Yeah for epidurals.

1st of all, my Dr. was a moron and I refuse to go back to her ever again! Once I got a new Dr. everything was GREAT! Heres the story....

I went in at 1:30pm to get induced. They started me on pitocin. As soon as we got there I told the nurse that I will not dialate until my water is broken and then I will go FAST. So the nurse passed the info to the dr. By midnight I was dialated to a 5 and the Dr. refused to break my water. I was at the fullest amount of pitocin they could give me so they took me OFF pitocin so I wouldn't have the baby until the morning. RIDICULOUS!!! Luckily the Dr. got off at 7 am (after 18 hrs of labor) and the new Dr. was all about breaking my water. So at 9 am I was still dialated to a 5 and the Dr. broke my water. By 9:20 I was fully dialated! Stetson was born at 9:58 am. I am glad the new Dr. actually listened. He was FANTASTIC and I was really happy with the epidural and the delivery.

Stetson is a good baby. I forgot how much they eat at first. I feel like all I do is feed the poor kid! I am recovering well and LOVE having a newborn!!!

11 comments:

David and Nikki said...

Okay....glad he is here and healthy...but, I can't believe you didn't post a picture of the perfect little prince.

Ben and Amberly said...

I can't believe what a moron your first dr. was. I would be so mad. I'm glad everything went well after you got a new dr.
Congrats!
I can't wait to see pictures.

J-ME said...

YAY! Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well, aside from the dorky dr! Seriously tho where are the pics?! :)

Scott and Candice Moore said...

I just love how some Doctor's think they know more about your body then you do..lol, at least your second Dr. paid attention! I am glad to hear you are doing well! Congrats!!

Unknown said...

NO PICTURES!! Im so excited for you, and i cant wait to see the cute little guy! i love the feeling of having a new born. they bring such sweetness into the home. IM so baby hungry, and im glad im pregnant and on my way to have another. I hope your all doing good!
BTW: i hate dumb DOCTORS!

Brian and Janette said...

Congrats...sounds like you've already been thoroughly scolded for not attaching any pics, so I won't scold you anymore...I'll just say that I can't wait to see him!

Candace said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!! Yeah....pictures. PRONTO. :)

Kimberly said...

Glad to hear everything went well and that you are both healthy! He's big! (About a pound bigger than your others were?) Glad you got the epidural and fired your crappy doc. CONGRATS!!!

Burdett Family said...

Congrats glad everything is good. Sorry about your doctor I hate it when they don't listen.

LeVander Family said...

I'm glad you andbaby are doing well! I can't wait to see the little guy, I've been checking your blog for pictures!!

Lindsay said...

Congrats LaDawn! We'll have to come meet your new guy sometime this summer when we are in your area. Take care of yourself!