Monday, September 19, 2011

Nectarine Jam

Since nectarine's are $.77/lb at Safeway I decided to make some nectarine jam. Looks yummy. It was super simple and my FIRST time canning by myself.



add 6 cups of chopped nectarines.


3 cups of sugar


4 Tbsp of lemon juice


1 tsp of your choice of spice (i did cinnamon)


Medium boil for 30 minutes

skim off foamy stuff




put into pint jars


put into hot bather


hot bathe for 10 minutes



WAALAH...the finished product. I hope it tastes yummy! We will try some tomorrow :)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

i bet it's great! Good Job!!!

rsctt603 said...

That is always fun. We made raspberry jam recently.

http://wayfarersquest-rsctt.blogspot.com

Arizona Dunbars said...

Good job. That is awesome. I am canning apples and I was thinking about when we canned all those pears. We thought we would never get to the end.