Sunday, October 19, 2008

Vacuum...DEAD OR ALIVE?


The other day I was vacuuming my living room and the vacuum started smoking. I immediately turned off the vacuum and text JC that I am absolutely getting a new Dyson vacuum. I have been wanting one forever and I'm sick of cruddy vacuums.
I was thinking "DYSON HERE I COME." Of course I wasn't about to tell JC how much a Dyson vacuum actually cost. I figured he would just allow me to get a new vacuum because he didn't have time to even worry about the dadgum vacuum.

Much to my surprise (more like dismay), JC decided to check out the vacuum today and see what was going on. He changed out the belt....still hardly any suction. Then he decided to take off the hoses....lo and behold, our PROBLEM. He filled an entire shoe box of vacuum lint out of the hoses. DISGUSTING. I was thoroughly embarassed. I would call myself a "clean freak" but now I realized I have been skipping some essentials...like CLEANING OUT THE VACUUM HOSES. Turns out my current vacuum isn't so bad after all.

My Eureka vacuum will just have to do....until next time.

My Dyson will just have to wait...until next time.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

funny! aRe vacuum sucks or lack of......ive given up on it. so i just borrow my mother n laws, which is annoying when you have kids and you vacuum multiple times a day. Tomorrow im going to see if i have some lint building up. THANKS!

The Schultz Family said...

Too funny. We have a Eureka and it totally sucks...and not like it should. I have talked to a few others and they say theirs are terrible too. So I have ALMOST convinced Kevin to go get a Dyson. Anyway good luck...and since it is a Eureka...it will break again.

Rob and Mitzi said...

Hey I actually just got an email saying that there is a place that you can get a Dyson for 179.99 plus free shipping. I didn't check it out because I'm not in the need right now but if you want to check it out let me know and I'll send you the link.

Whenever I vacuum new carpet my hoses get clogged for like 6 months. Maybe that's the problem?

David and Nikki said...

Did you find a diamond earring in the lint ball? :(

Scott and Candice Moore said...

My sister-in-law was having the same problem. She was just wanting to buy a new vacuum also. I asked her have you checked the hose and she said no. She didn't even know how to take it off..so I showed her and it was instantly fixed! She was a little bummed cause she no longer had the excuse for a new vacuume, but glad it was fixed. Have you seen those Kirby Vacuums?? That they go aroud selling door to door. they are amazing..super expensive but the put all other vacuums to shame!
Okay and now I have just written a novel about a vacuume

LeVander Family said...

Don't worry, I sooooo leave the vaccume cleaning to Jason. and he does a great job!

Hey Danny and Alicia are blessing the baby weekend of December 14th! Mark it off, we are going up and I think it would be fun if you guys went up too!