Monday, November 10, 2008

Why Women and NOT Men???

So I am 12 weeks pregnant with our 3rd child. I hesitated to tell anyone because of my 10 week miscarriage last time. But, I am pretty confident that this pregnancy is going to "stick". And, I can't decide if I want a boy or a girl. Honestly, don't really care!

Anyways, I have not been to the Dr. yet because I absolutely HATE being violated. I hate that women have to go to the Dr. and it's a complete disaster. I hate being pregnant because it's complete violation until the baby is born! So therefore, I just procrastinate going to the Dr. until the absolute last second. I am thinking that 12 weeks is probably the furthest my procrastination can continue!

You know, where do the men come into this whole picture. They get to do the "fun" part and then leave the rest up to the women..LOL. I just wish they could get a little taste of this whole process....

Vaginal Exams, Bleeding, possible Strep B, IV's, Glucose testing, Blood tests, 10 cm dialation (which is NOT easy), stitches, healing...etc

And all the while they just get to have 'fun' and hope that the hole goes back to it's original 'tightness' for future references! LOL ;). I just can't help but wonder WHY?????

15 comments:

csrussell said...

Yeah!! I'm so excited for you I hope all goes well with this pregnancy. I agree with you I wish the men could just get a taste of what its like to be pregnant, going to the dr, feeling sick, and of course delivery. I'm excited we find out what we are having on the 19th so I will let you know. Congrats again!!!
We miss you guys!!

Jamie Sue said...

Amen Sistah!! ROFL about the "hole" tightness situation!! It's so true.

Candace said...

YAY LaDawn! I'm so happy for you guys!

You are totally right about guys getting it WAAAAY too easy, when it comes to the having kids thing....NO FAIR!!

Heather said...

Wow! That is great news. Congrats and tell Valerie congrats! I would love to see pics of her and her baby, is this her first?

Rob and Mitzi said...

Oh LaDawn you are a crack up! Let's just say you are the brave one to admit it on a blog! Don't we all feel like that! A big AMEN here!

I really hate the first trimester when you feel like you've been climbing a mountain all day, plus watching the kids, plus cooking and cleaning. And then at night it's like you're suppose to feel super sexy and play the game that started this whole thing in the first place. WHAT?

So anyway CONGRATULATIONS and I can't wait to know what you are having!

Sam and Rachel said...

Oh my I was laughing so hard when i read that. I was excited when I found out and went to the doctor right away not knowing what I was getting myself into.. I hate that part to but I got it over with at the very first. Good LUCK!!

Alicia said...

That is awesome news!

Congrats you guys!

FISH FAMILY said...

Congrats I can't believe that you didn't say anthing when we saw you this past weekend. I am so glad that you are pregnant! YOUR POST is hilarious. I wonder why too! I hope all continues to go well and I hope that we get to see you guys soon.

LOVE THE FISHES

The Schultz Family said...

Wow! I think that most certainly falls under the T.M.I category. LOL See you tomorrow. Bring your Bunco game face on.

Unknown said...

i totally agree, i dont know why Heavenly Father gave it are "divine roll to bare children, and not the Man" jk, i love you HF!

anyways, i dont know about JC, BUT jeremy had to put up with alot when i was pregnant. i want to divorce him every other day, and if i wasnt wanting to divorce him i thought he was going to go cheat on me when he was really just running to the grocery store. So i think jeremy had to deal with alot to when i was pregnant. im an emotional RECK! hesitant to get myself into all that again.

but my congrats to you and JC!

Garet and Amanda said...

Congratulations! We are excited for you guys. You are totally right about the guy thing. You make me laugh! I hope you are feeling good!

Anonymous said...

Amen to that! Say it like it is! Yeah I'm not looking forward to the next pregnancy but it won't stop me!

KB Stanger Art and Design said...

I agree - a little TMI there - but that's why I like you - you just say what you think. You are funny.

Burdett Family said...

Congrats! Thats exciting. Good luck. And you make me laugh.

David and Nikki said...

G
R
O
S
S...
YOUR SPOUSE IS A PERF;)