Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Domestic Goddess (wanna-be) :)


Yesterday I went over to my friends house

who is now doing a canning class every month. We made strawberry freezer jam. It is so YUMMY and so EASY!!! I absolutely loved it. I thought I would be there all day but it just took a few minutes and we were done!!! Thanks Trista for sharing your recipe and your talents. It was great. I felt like a little domestic goddess, or at least I want to be one. So I am learning and trying very hard. I am going to make some with Jill and my Mom this weekend. That's how easy it is, I am even willing to do it twice in one week! For those interested on how to make it...here is the secret ingredients :)

4 cups fresh strawberries

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 package (1 5/8 oz) freezer jam pectin

cut up strawberries into extremely fine chunks and put in bowl. In a seperate bowl, stir the sugar and pectin together. Dump sugar and pectin into strawberry mixture and mix for 3 minutes. WAHLAH! You are done! Dump the freezer jam into 5 little 8 oz jars (the plastic ones with screw-on lids are GREAT). Let sit for 30 minutes then put into freezer or frig!! EASY STUFF.

6 comments:

Adam & Rachel said...

Yummy...hey I didn't know you had a blog. That's awesome. I love blogs. I try to limit myself and not spend to much time at the computer, but this is a worth while activity. It's a way to keep in touch with friends. Okay...so that's my justification for being on the computer. Anyways...glad you're doing well.

Hailey said...

Good post LaDawn! :)

LeVander Family said...

I'm totally doing that this weekend! thanks for the idea:)

Heather K said...

LaDawn how fun to find your blog off of Jet's. I am glad because me and my sisters are flying down from Idaho to AZ for other Jones sisters graduations and we want to throw Rachelle a baby Shower. It will be Memorial weekend or maybe even graduation Thursday if everyone will be down then anyways. SOooooo....I need your address and Brianna's and Amanda's and any other friends of ya'll that live nearby! email me or post a few addresses on my blog.
heatherfeather80@yahoo.com
heatherkelsey.blogspot.com
THANKS LaDawn! Your family is so cute and it's so fun to see people on blogs! HEATHER (jones)Kelsey

Arizona Dunbars said...

I will turn you into a domestic godess yet my darling!!! It looks so pretty and it tasted sooooo good.

Marisa said...

Looks so good! Good for you... I never do anything remotly domestic :)